Projects

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Forlorn

I adore this chapter of Saltiness, it's just beautiful and so tranquil... yes, even with the shouting. And obviously funny. But I just really really like it and, if you can, try to imagine the series got axed here. Don't you think it would be a good ending? Abrupt cancelations happen sometimes and if it had been shitcanned here... I'd be satisfied. Now, of course it didn't get canceled here... matter of fact, we're not even halfway through this series. But an interesting experiment, I'd say. This chapter is pure Minoru Furuya, it's sad, it's cheery, it's deceptively deep, it's funny it's... it's Minoru Furuya in one chapter.

Saruchinesu ch. 15


Wet Moon, on the other hand, is anything but beautiful [*raughs*]. Fantastic chapter. Revelations.

Wet Moon ch. 27


I really like the use of the van Gogh motif throughout Tokyo Kaido. Mochi is a fantastic storyteller.

Tokyo Kaido ch. 28


And now another Mochi oneshot from early in his career. I gotta tell you, I pity the editors that handle these chapters, all the sfx... Working on early Mochi is, as pip3 put it, an exercise in masochism.

This is such a good chapter though. Super fun.

Minetaro Mochizuki - True Love


7 comments:

  1. FYI it looks like Mega yanked the Mochizuki.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's online on my end°#°

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Mia Culpa...yep there now for me as well..Mega what fresh hell?..I have seen instabilaty out of Mega for a while. In my own defence i tried a half dozen times before reporting. Odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I had to replace one page in it so maybe you just clicked on the link in that half a second it took me to delete the old file, reupload the new one and then modify the link >_>

      Delete
  4. Thank you for translating Saltiness, Minoru Furuya is one of my favourites :D Are you planning to do Gerekusis or Himeanole in the future? I would love to read those too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minoru Furuya is also among my absolute favorites. I was planning on translating Gerekusis after Saltiness, actually. And I heard a group might be interested in Himeanole. So basically, don't expect them in the near future 😅
      ...but eventually, sure.

      Delete
    2. Oh well, at least there's some hope :D

      Delete