Projects

Sunday, September 26, 2021

Bernd County

Another new project. We might be starting too many at once but all in all it's all about the staff and their availability and if we can do this then... why not.

This project has been cooking for a long time, the raws were bought almost an entire year ago, we even have a new translator for it now, R4physics. Specials thanks to Gyoshi for translating the first chapter and helping us make a smooth transition.

Akira Oze is pretty well known in Japan, not a huge name but not obscure either. Also, mandela effect, I actually thought he had one series fully translated in english but I was wrong... the thing that popped in my mind as I was trying to remember which series I was thinking of was the vol1 cover for Hitoshi Iwaaki's Fuuko in the Cafe which, apart from not being by Akira Oze, is also not fully translated (ongoing active scanlation though... I think). Oh well. This manga is based on real life events, the "Sanrizuka Struggle". If you want, there's a real good article on it which you can read now or you can go into this mango blind and read it later or you can read it after you finish reading the manga if you want to avoid spoilers (I'll repost it then). Anywho, here it is.

There are two Oze mango that are being scanlated right now by other groups Natsuko's Sake (Natsuko no Sake) and Ryuu. So check em out if you want some more of his stuff. All three look very different from one another though.

The Story of My Village ch. 1-2



Lost... like tears in the rain...

Deathco ch. 21



Homemade weapons against the unseen innumerable forces of the government. Don Quixote had an easier fight. Another great rec from the mangaka.

Unlucky Young Men ch. 21


4 comments:

  1. I recommend reading the linked article about the history of Japanese leftist political manga, for after your read and finish "The Story of My Village".

    The article is quite a good read, it is well structured, comes with references and sources, it is educational and very informative, however it also spoils you the entire plot of "The Story of My Village" all the way to the end, of course since it is based on real life events, it is like getting spoiled on history which is kind of nonsensical.

    But still if you want to keep the sense of suspense about what the struggle of the villagers may lead to, you have to leave the article for later, after reading the article and knowing what transpires, your perspective on the story changes quite a bit, the tone the story takes is quite different now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I only read a bit of it some time ago. Some people don't mind though, especially since it's based on real events so I decided to post it now too. I guess it helps to have a bad memory ^_^ you end up forgetting what you read in the article by the time we hit double digits.

      Delete
  2. Will the other chapters be translated? I'm looking forward to reading them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could help you with that, I know a translator. I do not promise anything, but write to my email: tomaspachecomarquez@gmail.com

      Delete